Saturday, June 11, 2011

I am Me

you "I am me? Isn't that obvious?"
me "Yes but are you happy with you? Do you look at your face and think, I like what I see! There's no improvement I would make to this face!"
you "Yes, but no, my skin is all blotchy. I think I'm going to buy that moisturiser that evens out my skin tone. That will fix everything"
me "Yes maybe it will work, and maybe it wont. What will you do if it doesn't?"
you "Well that's what foundations for, isn't it?"


I don't know the answers to life, but I think its rather sad that our world has come to this. I look in the mirror and I cringe at my skin. I inspect every bump and scar. Is this really the way life's supposed to be? Are we supposed to dislike what we are? No, if you think about it, a few red spots on your face isn't that big of a deal/ Preteens and teenagers sometimes stay home from school when they have a breakout, or stand in front of mirrors hating themselves. This is so wrong. So much for the "American Dream", North America the land of happiness and fulfilment. How is this so when we are conditioned to hate our skin. You are not more successful if you have perfect skin. Your not a better person, your not a nicer person, BLABLABLA. Now, I'M not trying to bring those with perfect skin down, all I am saying is that those of us with spots that no face wash or skin regimin will fix shouldn't stress ourselves out SO FRIGGEN MUCH. We need to learn to look at skin a different way.

Love yourself for who you are♥
-Marie Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment