Monday, June 6, 2011

Who? What? When? Where? Why?

WARNING THE FOLLOWING POST IS RAMBLING. I DID NOT STRUCTURE MY PARAGRAPHS IN ANY WAY.
People have lost their touch, everything always has to MEAN something. Now I'M all for poetry, philosophy, and what-not but I just need to ask that question. WHY must everything MEAN something?

I say this while being ironic, pondering why we ponder. Regardless the question still stands.

Can we always blame the media? What has become of monogamy, is it really "an institution that's in decay"?

While I ponder this I realize, life has changed, not for me, but for humanity. The concept of what life was is now under question. Its acceptable to have or not have religion. its acceptable to be black white or what not. Its acceptable to or not to be married. Its acceptable to or not to be a stay at home mother(f.y.i I am not but my mother is.). Its acceptable to be gay. While all these things are accepted be still scrutinize and over analyze, so much so that we don't realize life isn't black and white, life is a chain of decisions that used to have those strong social barriers on them but now the chains are broken. With these broken chains we do not know what to do. They still remain reminding us of what we once were, some still follow the beliefs of the past.

Identity crisis

-Marie Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment